Advancing German business in Qatar: The Risks
An exclusive report aimed at German businesses on risks in the Qatar market. The report was the result of extensive research in Qatar over the past few months. The report is a general one and aims to highlight the general risks. For a more detailed or bespoke risk analysis, please contact us.
- Germany is actively seeking to encourage German businesses to work in Qatar through the planned hosting of a business forum in Berlin during April 2018.
- German businesses are likely to find numerous opportunities to work in Qatar, primarily on World Cup related infrastructure work in the building and transport industries.
- Qatar is suffering ongoing negative effects of its regional isolation, including for businesses operating in Doha who are having to deal with rising logistical costs and delays to importing materials.
- The collapse of British construction giant was caused in part by Qatar's not paying the company a £200 million debt for work on World Cup preparations in Doha.
- German businesses face serious risks of not being able to carry out contracted work in Qatar and also are at serious risk of not being paid and not having access to reliable arbitration methods to enforce contracts.
NB. Media may freely quote from the report, citing Cornerstone Global Associates as the authors. Cornerstone Global Associates takes no responsibility for how the report may be used or interpreted.